This past summer the WWDC brought us some great information on what to expect this fall for a number of Apple products. One of those items was watchOS 2. Well the time has arrived for you to finally download this new OS where developers gained full access to Apple Watch.
If you’re looking to download watchOS 2 on your Apple Watch, you’re going to have to follow a few steps to get your watch updated.
1. Your iPhone must be connected to WiFi with at least 50 percent battery life and you’ll need your Apple Watch charger in order to complete the installation process.
2. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
3. Go to General > Software Update > select Download and Install. (If you get the message stating your Apple Watch is up to date with OS 1.0.1 you’ll need to check back later since the new OS isn’t available to the public yet).
4. Enter your passcode.
5. Agree to Terms and Conditions.
6. Install on your iPhone and Apple Watch and you’re all set.
Now armed with watchOS 2 you’re able to enjoy more watch faces, reply to emails and Facebook messages—finally—and view short videos and even use iTranslate right on your watch.